Saturday, January 22, 2011

Richmond Fishing Expo 1-22-2011

Today, I had the pleasure of attending the Richmond Fishing Expo.  It was one of the better expo's I have been to.  A number of great vendors were in attendance, with lines of fishermen and women at each booth.  I had the pleasure of riding up with WFN Ambassador Kris Lally and her daughter.  There we met her significant other Mark Lozier, and Cory Routh with Ruthless Outdoors Inc.  Mark and Cory run guided trips out of SE Virginia and both contain a wealth of fishing knowledge.  If your in the area and are looking for a trip, check them out.
Mark manning the booth and Cory talking to a potential client.
Today was more of a meet and greet than a "working" day.  Fellow Malibu Pro Staff Member Wayne Bradby was representing at the Appomattox River Company booth.  Check out ARC, Vic and his crew at the Yorktown, VA store are a great bunch of folks and they will go out of their way to answer any questions you may have.
ARC with the Mini-X in the background.

Stealth 12
Mini-X
Kayak Kevin was at the Chesapeake Angler Magazine booth.  If you get a chance, check out his new "Chesapeake Bay Tour" DVD.  There is a link to his website on the sidebar.

I did a good job and did not spend too much today.  Purchases were limited to a new 7' Stick it pin, some new plastic swimbaits and rod holders.  I will post product reviews on all of these products when I get back on the watter in the spring.  I also spent quite a bit of time talking to the folks at Release Reels.  They are working on some exciting updates for there reels and I look forward to fishing one once those are completed. If your looking for a lever drag reel check them out.

I would much rather be on the water, but this is the next best thing.  The show ends on the 23rd, but they will be in Greensboro, NC in February.  One great thing is, if you support all of these companies, you are supporting the local economy and for the most part buying American made products.  I am fortunate to know most of these people and their companies fairly well, but they all are genuine people.  If your thinking about purchasing a new Kayak, want to know more about kayaking in the Chesapeake, or book a trip,. check out these folks first.  The best part about the show was visiting with friends and fellow fishermen, exchanging fish stories and meeting their families.  Sometimes, when you are deeply involved with something, you forget about the human element.  Today helped me remember why I love this sport of ours.  I look forward to my next report, as it should be from the water.

Live the Dream!


2 comments:

  1. Very cool Billy. It was nice to see you for a bit. Hopefully it won't be too long before I see you on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there any other fishing shows/expos coming up in the Richmond area?? I will be down in the area near the end of February.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete