Monday, February 11, 2013

Looking Back and Ahead

Its the time of year I like to reflect on what has occurred, the goals I have met, and my goals for the future.  In retrospect, 2012 was a stellar year with many of my goals being accomplished.  This has made me excited for what 2013 has in store.

In 2012, some of my proud accomplishments include:

  • Catching my first Citation Redfish
  • Placing in the TKAA tournament
  • Placing in two other tournaments
  • Having input on the design and release of a kayak (The Hurricane Skimmer)
  • Traveling and learning new fishing spots
  • Fishing at least once a month with nothing but a fly rod
  • Catching personal best Cobia, Spadefish, Largemouth Bass, and Redfish from a kayak.
  • Catching a personal best Rainbow trout from a kayak
  • Catching the largest number of different species in a 12 month period
  • Besting my Kayak Wars placing
  • Our team making the top 10 in total length for the North East in 2012
In 2013 my goals include:
  • Fishing both Atlantic IFA division events
  • Having two top finishes in Kayak Tournaments
  • Catching a Citation Largemouth Bass, Crappie, and Perch
  • Finishing in the top 3 (division or slam) at the 2013 TKAA tournament
  • Finishing in the top 10 for individual kayak wars points in the North East
  • Helping our Kayak Wars team finish in the top 5 of any category
  • Catching more species in a 12 month period in 2013
  • Catching a VA slot redfish, speck, and flounder slam on the fly
  • Participate in one pure kayak event/race
  • And finally, post at least twenty four posts to the blog in 2013
I realize that I have some fairly lofty goals, but without something to strive for, I dont feel like I can improve as a kayak angler.
2013 is looking to shape up to be my best year yet, and I look forward to sharing my experiences with everyone who looks at my blog.

Good luck, and bring on the warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment